RE: Comp: Networking the Intelligent Home

Mark,
Very informative reply. Thanks so much - you made my mind up for me, I'm
going DSL and increasing my storage availability by networking the
computers. Inasmuch as we are unable to simply run cable around the home (no
attic space or under floor area) I will network with something similar to
the Diamond MM systems that advertises up to 10Mb/s transfer rate over
existing phone lines for data within the network (like coping data from one
computer to another) and which should protect the DSL speed when shared
through the network.
I still have a lot to learn, but at $39.95 per month for a one year
contract, it sounds like a bargain over a 56Kbs modem.

Thanks again Mark - I appreciate the information.

Dennis