Steel Connection Design Costs[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEAOC List" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Steel Connection Design Costs
- From: "Paul Feather" <pfeather(--nospam--at)san.rr.com>
- Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 16:35:27 -0800
What is the typical cost impact for East Coast style steel fabrication, where the fabricator provides the connection design engineering from the E.O.R. provided reactions? What percentage of the Steel construction cost is associated with providing the connection design as opposed to the West Coast where the E.O.R. provides the necessary connection design?
To say this another way, how much difference would there be in the Steel fabrication budget if a fabricator bid the same job each way: once from a West Coast E.O.R. with connections provided and once from an East Coast E.O.R. with reactions provided?
Any input would be appreciated.
San Diego, Ca.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Steel Channel Grip
- Next by Subject: RE: Steel Connection Design Costs
- Previous by thread: Re: 1994 Table 23-I-F
- Next by thread: RE: Steel Connection Design Costs