Re: Damage Claims

>Christopher Wright wrote:  "A suit for financial losses due to non
>compliance
>with the code may be maintained against the EOR."
Actually he didn't write that, he quoted it.

>Economic loss in California cannot be claimed unless
>they have caused damage to other property or personal injury.
I really am interested in the reply. As I understand this, restitution
can only be sought for physical damage. Financial damages or suffering or
damages to one's reputation aren't permitted in California law? This
implies that people in California can only sue for libel or slander or
breach of warranty, unless someone is hurt or there are claims of
property damage. This doesn't sound right.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw