RE: Negligence per se ( another misconception)

I agree. But I believe that lawyers have, by and large, helped to create a belief among the populace at-large that life should be perfect, that minor inconveniences deserve compensation. Let's face it, if it weren't for contingency fees, most of this would be moot.