From: Edward Jonson [mailto:edjonson(--nospam--at)email.msn.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2000 3:46 PM
To: SEOC
Subject: Steel Joists - Shop drawing review

I have two questions about steel joists.
1.  How many engineers require stamped calculations for steel joists, and is
this a good idea?

2.  On some shop drawings I am reviewing there is a statement "all welds per
SJI specifications - not AWS".  Can anyone tell me what is different between
SJI and AWS.

Thank you.
Ed Jonson