RE: Comp: Networking the Intelligent Home

Dan,

For what little I have seen about DSL, the most fustrating thing might be
actually trying to get it activated.  I have read several postings of
extremely fustrated people who tell of horror stories of trying to get
their DSL line installed.  They are typically for people who have
non-phone company DSL lines, which means that coordinate typically has to
occur between the phone company, the DSL hardware provider, and the ISP.
I have seen reports of it taking 6+ months of endless calling and
fustration to get the DSL line working.

If you want more DLS info, checkout www.dslreports.com.  Contains reviews,
users comments, and can determine availability in your area.

Scott

Scott E. Maxwell, SE, PE
Structural Engineer

SmithGroup Inc.
500 Griswold Street, Suite 200
Detroit, MI  48226

Telephone: (313) 442-8253                              Fax: (313) 983-3636

Email for Business: smaxwell(--nospam--at)dt.smithgroup.com
Email for Personal: smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu