RE: Firewalls(for preventing fire propagation)

Raj,

Fire walls are of 2 types.  Area separation walls and occupancy separation
walls.  Technically, occupancy separation walls should not have structural
elements passing through them, but this is many times ignored in practice.
Area separation walls can be penetrated by structural steel members and must
be sealed to resist penetration by hot gasses.

There are any number of products that can provide a resilient rated sealant.

	1.	Hilti http://www.hilti.com/eng/serien/sb247.asp
	2.	Firestop Systems, Inc. http://www.firestop.com.

Regards,
Harold Sprague