Re: EOR and Damages

In a message dated 2/22/00 9:48:54 PM Pacific Standard Time, SDGSE(--nospam--at)aol.com
writes:

<< << Thus, because the design does not fall below the standard of
  care( provided the design is a  safe design equal to or superior to what
UBC
  provided) the EOR is not negligent, hence not liable. >>

 George:

 Correct me if I am wrong, but in your earlier posts you wrote that the EOR
is
 not liable even if the design was below the minimum code standard, provided
 the engineer's design did not cause the damage.

 Oshin Tosounian, S.E. >>

Both points are true!

The EOR wil be liable only for those damages "actually" caused by his
"inadequate" design.
However, note that even if the design was "inadequate" but DID NOT cause any
damages, the EOR is not liable ( no damages).

George Hakim