WOOD: Lateral Design Software

Bill,

Keylat recently reduced the price of their software to $250.00, which
includes a one day seminar on how to model the buiding being analyzed. I
think their logic was that they had put an enormous amount of time and
energy into the program and now, with the implimentation of the '97 UBC,
just about no jurisdiction is actualy requiring the rigidity analysis, so
no one is that interested in these types of programs.

Still, eventually we will all have to perform the elaborate rigidity
analysis, (municipal building, etc.), so it is probably good to know how to
use these porgrams. I have purchased the Keylat, but have yet to use it or
attend their seminar. I will let you know my opinion of the program once I
get further into it.

Larry Hauer, SE