Fwd: Tenant Improvement

In a message dated 02/28/2000 2:19:07 PM Pacific Standard Time, F S Rahbar
writes:

<< seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org >>

--- Begin Message ---
I am having problem with the server, so I hope someone will get the message!

I am working on an existing two-story medical building. The exterior walls
are 8" & 12" masonry blocks. The building is approximately 72' x 140'.

They are doing interior Tenant Improvement (TI) and will not be changing any
of the existing shear walls.

They have opened all the second floor ceiling and have exposed the bottom of
the roof sheathing. I can see that the roof sheathing is not a blocked
diaphragm. The building was completed in 1979. I ran some numbers for the
roof diaphragm and noticed that the shear is about 315 PLF.

I your opinion, do I have to ask them to block the roof diaphragm knowing
that they are removing the roof covering and installing a new roofing on the
building.

In addition, the wall ties consists of purlin anchors nailed to the top of
the TJI type roof trusses. Do they have to do anything about that?

Or, since they are not doing any major structural work, we can leave all that
alone?!

Thank you,

F S Rahbar, SE

--- End Message ---