Concrete Floor Cracks

Generally, cracks of any kind are not acceptable in "new" floors as they are caused by inadequate slab thickness, control joints saw cut to late, inadequate curing, or movements from settling or heaving.
Cracks will occur, as concrete will crack regardless of any of the above, we just try and control cracking.
Generally I don't get excited if cracks are hairline (0.016" and less), cracks above this width indicate that something other than shrinkage is occuring.

B. Davison, P.Eng
RND Engineering Ltd.
Edmonton