Re: California SE exam

concern
over past years that the percentage of applicants who actually pass the exam
is
too small, and that therefore, it must be unfair and intended primarily to
preclude more engineers from obtaining registration, so as to protect" the
business interests of those who already have a license."

I would be extremely disappointed to see the CA SE exam watered down or the 2
consecutive days exam get divided in to two non-consecutive days!  The effect
will produce less skilled, less knowledgeable engineers performing structural
engineering for essential facilities.  The exam is rigorous to protect future
clients by licensing only engineers who will perform high quality good work
and exclude engineers who are not knowledgeable and skilled enough to pass
the exam and prevent them from practicing inferior quality work.  Those are
not be able to pass the exam can still practice structural engineering for
non-essential facilities, etc.

I feel strongly that the exam should not be changed and it should continue to
be taken over 2 Consecutive days, 8 hours each day.

Ed Latthitham, S.E.