Need help from San Jose and Pleasanton Plan Checker

I have a form for compliance with section 1701 for structural inspection and
observation which must be filled out by the owner, the contractor and the
architect or project engineer.
The Architect is located in New Jersey and the project is a number of Mall
stores. The owners are large retail chains that are located around the
country.

The requirements for Structural Observation and inspections are also clearly
indicated in our general notes sheet (half of which is devoted to sections
1701 and 1702.

Is it appropriate for the Engineer of Record and the Contractor to sign the
form and the architect sign the form as agent for the owners?

Regards,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
Structural Engineering Consultant
(208) 361-5447 E-Fax