Re: questions regarding transite roof decking

Be aware that transite is an asbestos-containing material (ACM).  Once
disturbed, it can become friable (airborne particles).  This hazardous
material is regulated - at least in California - by a thick body of laws,
and can only be removed by contractors licensed to handle ACM's.  I would
advise not to change either its loading or to otherwise disturb without
the advice of such an expert.  Left alone and undamaged, it is a legal
material, and not generally considered friable.  Once disturbed, you may
be soon in the attorney's arena, and likely a no-win situation.

Russ Nester
rnester(--nospam--at)juno.com

________