RE:SE Exam

On February 29, Ed Latthitham said:

>concern over past years that the percentage of applicants who actually pass the
exam
>is too small, and that therefore, it must be unfair and intended primarily to
>preclude more engineers from obtaining registration, so as to protect" the
>business interests of those who already have a license."

I wish to make it clear that the above statement does not represent my personal
opinioin, but rather, was intended to express the opinion of some of those who
wish to see the California SE Exam eliminated.

I strongly agree with Ed's desire to maintain a rigorous SE qualification exam
in California, not to restrain trade, as suggested above, but to protect the
public safety.