Re: Old bridges and rivets (again)

Regarding the pony trusses, there is a comprehensive treatment of this
subject in "Guide to Stability Design Criteria for Metal Structures," 4th
Edition, Ed. Theodore Galambos, Chapter 15.  We have used it for design of
many pedestrian-type bridges to 120' span, in aluminum and steel.
--
Kris P. Hamilton, P.E.
Geiger Engineers