RE: Lead time for steel[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Lead time for steel
- From: Charlie Carter <carter(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 09:19:16 -0600
Shape availability is a difficult topic right now as others posts have confirmed. Demand is high to begin with. And imports, which usually serve to offset modest spikes in demand, have shrunk since the anti-dumping lawsuit that was recently filed.
Those of you who have been around a while have seen this before and know availability is a cyclic kind of animal. AISC is working with mills and service centers to solve this problem.
From: Randy Diviney [mailto:rsdiviney(--nospam--at)hayeslarge.com]
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2000 7:50 AM
Subject: Lead time for steel
Our project managers are telling me there is a big problem with lead time
on steel delivery. Is anybody else experiencing this? Most of my projects
are in the northeast.
Structural Engineering Dept.
Hayes Large Architects
- Prev by Subject: RE: Lead time for steel
- Next by Subject: RE: Lead time for steel JOISTS
- Previous by thread: RE: Lead time for steel
- Next by thread: RE: Lead time for steel JOISTS