From: John Riley [mailto:jpriley485(--nospam--at)peoplepc.com]
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2000 9:32 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Lead time for steel JOISTS

In my experience, with steel joists the bottle neck is in the drafting
phase.  Evidently the manufacturers do not have the manpower to cover the
peaks.  If you do the shop drawings yourself, which isn't difficult, you can
dramatically affect the delivery time.

John P. Riley
Riley Engineering
Blue Grass, Iowa