From: James Lane, P.E. [mailto:jamesalane(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2000 8:01 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Wind load on open box

Have an existing 20'x20'x16'height box with the top open. The box sets on
the top of a roof.

Question: Does the second (leeward wall) pick up full wind pressure as the
first wall? Any good references for how much the second wall will pick up.

In the past I have always been conservative and used full pressures on both.

What if the bax were smaller the first wall would shield the second wall and

you would think pressures would be less.

Any comments