FEMA 310 vs FEMA 178

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] I was recently asked by a building owner in the city of Portland, Oregon if the FEMA 310 was now a standard that could be used for the evaluation of unreinforced masonry buildings?   He had heard about it, and was wondering whether to (a) go ahead and ask for FEMA 178 evaluations; or (b) wait for FEMA 310?  Does anybody know what's happening with this FEMA 310 document and whether people are happy and excited about using it?  What's the difference?   Is it close to being a "standard"?  Would appreciate some updated information and feedback from those who have been involved in the effort and the methodology.  Or is this a question I should post to Seismology Committee listservice?

Thanks in advance.

James Bela

Oregon Earthquake AwarenessTM        /      The Quake NorthwestTM
"We Have Nothing to Fear But Shear Itself"        /        "We're All Subducting In This Together"
           "Do not look back in anger, or forward in fear, but around in awareness."  -- James Thurber