Minimum Column and Girder Sizes

Hi !!

A friend requested me to design a two-story RC house for him. Will it be
necessary for me to apply the special provisions on seismic design of
ACI 318 Chapter 5 Section 21 for this project? Will the minimum column
dimension of 300 mm and minimum girder width of 250 mm apply?
The house will be constructed in seismic zone 4.

Is there an accepted rule of thumb as to the minimum member sizes of
structural members with regards to houses?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Roy Sharif M. Sison, RCE
Philippines