Re: ICBO ER

Jim,

Finding the solutions to repair and strengthening problems in old buildings
constructed with archaic materials sometimes leads to consideration of
unconventional application of an existing technology, or to the search for a
new technology.

The documentation available from the supplier of the technology is certainly
helpful in evaluating whether the technology may be appropriate for your
project, but the EOR needs to include in the services provided testing of
the technology in the materials and under the conditions found in the
specific project.

I generally will be the one that designs the test protocol, observes the
testing procedures, and evaluates the data.  Then, if I decide to use the
technology in the project, I have a rational basis.

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer