From: Philip T. Hodge [mailto:phil(--nospam--at)joistdesign.com]
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2000 7:12 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Lead time for steel JOISTS

Bill:

To my knowledge joists do not currently have a long lead time.  As
suggested, detailing often is the bottleneck, but even so I don't think
lead times are generally bad right now.  If your contractor is having
trouble, s/he may need to find a new supplier.  There are several good
ones around, if you're having trouble finding one email me privately and
I'll give you a recommendation.

Phil Hodge
phil(--nospam--at)joistdesign.com