Stack bond on Calif. Schools

2104A.6.2.1 Requires open end end units for stacked bond masonry, with reinforcing at 16 in o.c. max. I read this as single opened end units, but I seem to recall that DSA required double opened end units on past projects. Double opened end units experience a large percentage of breakage during transportation and storage.
Ca. School engineers please comment on single or double opened end as the T-24 requirement in stacked bond.

Thanks, Rick Byrd, SE