UBC

I posted this question, from within another post recently, with no

I have a contractor who has decided he is going to fabricate a structural
steel building himself, without shop drawings.  I indicated that shop
drawings were a requirement of the project specifications and fabrication of
the steel without shop drawings would be considered a violation of the
specs.  I wrote a five page letter to the OWNER indicating the same
information.  It apparently went in one ear and out the other.  My question
is does the UBC specifically require that items fabricated off-site have
shop drawings prepared and approved?  This was somewhat hinted at in Charles
Greenlaw's post of 3/2/2000 relative to the bar joist submittals.

Brian K. Smith, P.E.