RE: Details for a beam B 20 X 59

Arvind,

It is equivalent to nothing in the Green Book.  I am not aware of anything
on the internet to find these old beams.

Per Steel Construction, by AISC, December 1927.  p. 236.  20" Bethlehem
beams
	D=20.00"
	Wt per ft = 59.5 lb/ft
	A = 17.47 in2
	b (flange width) = 8.000 in
	t (web thickness) = 0.375 in
	Note: the flange is tapered
	n (minimum flange thickness) = 0.485 in
	m (maximum flange thickness) = 0.804 in
	Ix = 1181.5 in4
	Sx = 118.15 in3
	rx = 8.22 in
	Iy = 48.6 in4
	Sy = 12.2 in3
	ry =1.67 in

Per Steel Construction, by AISC, December1927.  p. 17.
	A-9 steel
	Tensile strength 55,000-65,000 psi
	Yield point 0.5 tens. str.

Avoid welding to these beams.  It can be done, but only with great care.

Regards,
Harold Sprague