Re: CE vs IT - IT HAPPENS

Crazy Al wrote:

I saw this thread on this message board that CE's in SFO make about 45k according to a SEAOC survey on their web site. http://www.ppi2pass.com/wwwboard/Engmessages/16181.html
This is rather a pathetic situation and people are changing careers from CE to the IT industry.  There is no rigorous board certification required in IT, not years of experience and of couse there is no question of liability insurance (see the note in most of the software agreement).

ARE WE SITTING IN A SINKING SHIP??

        No, we're too busy rearranging the deck chairs to sit.
WHERE IS OUR BRANCH HEADING?

    To the Seismolo Tree.

IS IT TIME TO JUMP SHIP?

        You mean right now?  When we're having such a hulluva time in our Rho Boat?  Try to be more flexible.

James Bela

Oregon Earthquake AwarenessTM        /      The Quake NorthwestTM
"We Have Nothing to Fear But CE vs ITself"        /        "We're All Subducting In This Together"
           "Do not look back in anger, or forward in fear, but around in awareness."  -- James Thurber