Re: Seeing the my sent e-mail

You should be getting a message that looks something like this in
the mail from SEAINT.  Not sure why you wouldn't be getting one.  Is that
some "feature" of M$ Outlook?

Charley

confirmation of post looks like this:

Your following message has been delivered to the list
  seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org at 13:08:30 on 23 Feb 2000.

That's the way I'd read it.  The "depth-of-beam" requirement is for
45 degree cracks.  Short columns like that (L/D << 6) are very prone
to brittle shear failure & are the ones that need the confinement
the most.  I seem to recall L/D >= 6 tends to be flexural-dominated
failure mode, but htat may be the fuzziness talking....

HTH,

Charley

--
Charles Hamilton, EIT                   Graduate Student Researcher
University of California, Irvine        Email: chamilto(--nospam--at)eng.uci.edu