ubc

Dear Brian,

I have never run into this problom befor with a steel building, but I have
run into the problem with concrete drawings.  The contractor didn't see the
need to provide shop drawings.

I would first check with your insurance carrier and ask his/her advice about
liablity. I assume youm are not planning to abondon the job.

Your client will porbably need you during the course of construction.  You
must not let this issue create a problem between you and contactor and owner,
you must make the best of it.  When asked to perform construction observation
you will porbably need to spend alot of billable hours in the field verifying
dimensions and sizes.  He will have to pay for it or he will not get his
approval. If he refuses you will create a document trail.  You must make it
clear to any future judging body that you were willing to work out your
differences, that your were willing to comproimise if some of the quality
assurance issues were not met, and that you did not delay the project.

Good luck, We all know how you feel

Ken Tarlow

PS

If you don't want to work from send him my name.  (just kidding)

Is he not going to need you to to perform site observation.  If you are the
Engineer of record.