RE: Tedds Software

Carl,

I apologize.  Yes there is a square root symbol.  It is similar to a check
mark with a short horizontal section (there is no doubt that it is a square
root symbol).  The symbol is placed before a parenthesis that encloses the
function for which the square root is to be computed.

My point was that the calculations are linear in presentation as opposed to
MathCad which has a square root symbol that has an extended horizontal bar
that goes over the top of the entire function.  The parenthesis is not
required.

I do not own Tedds.  I just have a demonstration CD.  I do own MathCad.
Tedds appears to be very good software that integrates a lot of engineering
functions, making the development of calculations very efficient.

Both calculation softwares have their strengths and limitations.  Both are
worthy of consideration.  Engineers should consider both softwares for
calculation development.  Engineers can save a tremendous amount of time and
increase accuracy with the use of calculation generating software.

The primary difference is in the presentation.  As I stated, the
presentation is linear in Tedds and more like a hand calculation with
MathCad (numerators above the denominator in fractions, summation symbols
with the appropriate variable locations, etc.).

This is not intended as a full review of either software package.  Just a
note of a difference in presentation.

Regards,
Harold Sprague