RE: Shop drawings: who's responsibility?

I agree.  That is why I posted the question initially.  I specified that
shop drawings be prepared, they were not.  The contractor told the OWNER it
would take 4 weeks for shop drawings, 2 weeks for review, and 2 weeks to fab
the steel.  The OWNER saw that as 8 weeks, as opposed to letting the
contractor run wild for 2 weeks, for a savings of 6 weeks.  This building is
a restaurant, that will generate $50,000 a week easily.  All the OWNER sees
is money.

Brian Smith