To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Re: New California State Architect

>The state recently abolished the position of Chief of Operations which had
Structural Engineer filling that position. In January, the then-State
Architect was asked by SEAOC representatives why he did that. He replied
that we should allow his attempts at reorganization a period of one year
before evaluating its effectiveness. Currently there are four principal
engineers, one each in the regional offices of DSA.