Re: Pile Cap Design Guidance[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: Pile Cap Design Guidance
- From: "Lanny J. Flynn" <flynn(--nospam--at)aiscmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 11:19:27 -0800
Pile caps with 2 and 3 piles should be designed as a Tied Arch where the column load is transferred through the cap in with equiv. compression diagonal struts and the bottom rebar is the tension chord of the strut (very important to hook the bottom bars at each end so that the bar is fully developed when you need it) CRSI used to have this design procedure in their handbook however I think there have been several papers written on this design approach for deep beam concrete members.
Lanny J. Flynn, P.E., S.E.
AISC Marketing, Inc.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Pile Cap Design Guidance
- Next by Subject: Re: Pile Cap Design Guidance
- Previous by thread: RE: Pile Cap Design Guidance
- Next by thread: Grade 50 Steel