Re: shear wall blocking

John-
That's where it is alright.  My question was does anyone on the west
coast use a Cm = .7 to reduce the capacities for  shearwalls and floor
diaphragms framed with sawn lumber.  Most of our framing lumber is very
green (we called it "creek dried" back when I wore a belt).  Are you
saying you apply  the reduction?
Chuck Utzman