Re: UBC

I agree that the shop drawings provide important information to the special
inspector.  I guess the point I was trying to make is that they should be
relied on with caution.  The engineer of record rarely (if ever) stamps them
and they usually don't go through plan check.  (Unless you count the "review"
stamp - which seems to grow ever larger to accommodate all the legal
disclaimers!)  The special inspector is responsible for assuring that the
fabrication is done in accordance with the approved documents.

James E. Parker, P. E.