Re: Visual Analysis User's Group

Actually, VA had a User's Group and it still might have it...

I think last year they brought it online with disastrous results.  The system was just an email with bounce, if you mailed custumer(--nospam--at)iesweb.com, it would bounce to all those who had signed up. Likewise the responses got bounced. Unfortunately, it appeared two things went wrong: 1) customers got confused which email to send just support questions to; and 2) the system would send multiple copies of the email. Anyway, many customers replied back that they would stop using VA if they kept getting all the emails, ironically this compounded the problem exponentially. I remember one day I got like 70 to 100 emails if I remember correctly.

I thought when I spoke to Terry Kubat that he stated that the system had been fixed and was still running. Call and ask IES if they still have the system running, if so just let SEAINT know and I am sure that you will get a membership quick.

Richard Lindenberg

On Sat, 11 Mar 2000 10:13:08 -0600, seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org wrote:
>Brian K. Smith:
>
>I visited the IES site yesterday and found no link to what I'd call a user's
>group.  If someone knows how to access the group, please let us all know how
>to get there from here.
>
>What I am proposing is a small group of engineers, maybe 15-20, willing to
>help each other when the IES software yields unexpected results or seems to
>misbehave.  It might develop that one would form exclusive relationships
>within the group in lieu of broadcasting to the entire membership.  My
>thinking is that broadcasting has merit in that some will be hesitant to
>submit, but will derive benefit from the forum.  Right now, the plan is for
>me to collect email addresses for a week or two, then send the list out to
>everyone.  If someone has a better plan . . . .
>
>Anyone interested may send me a private email.
>
>John P. Riley
>Riley Engineering
>Blue Grass, Iowa
>jpriley485(--nospam--at)peoplepc.com
>---------------------
>I believe VA has already started a user/discussion group.
>Brian K. Smith
>---------------------
>

>*   Read list FAQ at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp
>*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
>*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
>*   subscribe (no fee) to the list, send email to
>*   admin(--nospam--at)seaint.org and in the body of the message type
>*   "join seaint" (no quotes). To Unsubscribe, send email
>*   to admin(--nospam--at)seaint.org and in the body of the message
>*   type "leave seaint" (no quotes). For questions, send
>*   email to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
>*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
>*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
>*   site at: http://www.seaint.org

-- Richard Lindenberg, rel(--nospam--at)dbfinc.com on 03/13/2000 at 7:30:58 AM