Blast Resistant Doors

I am having a rather difficult time communicating with a certain well-known
manufacturer of doors for industrial use where blast pressure is a concern.

In the specification, we gave a description of a blast impulse function
thus:

			1.	At time t=0 seconds, Blast Pressure plus Gas
Pressure equals 784 psi.

			2.	At time t=0.29 milliseconds, Blast Pressure
plus Gas Pressure equals 19.8 psi.

			3.	At time t=32.1 milliseconds, Blast Pressure
plus Gas Pressure equals 0 psi.

			4.	The function in the time domain representing
Blast Pressure plus Gas Pressure is assumed linear between the points
described.

However, the blast door manufacturer insists that "no door that we
manufacture can withstand 784 psi". He seems to be clueless as to the
difference between the rapidly-decaying blast impulse described above, and a
"static pressure" of 784 psi.

Am I the one who's all screwed up here? How else could I possibly describe
the design criteria (since we've already designed the walls for such)?

Thanks.