Truss Heel Shear Blocking

When we see higher heel trusses, we block it with 2x10's or 2x12's.  We have had situations in the past where the truss heel was over 2', and we used osb sheathing with 2x nailer strips.  To make matters worse, the top chord was deep, so the osb had to be cut into 2' wide pieces to fit between the trusses.  I'm sure it was a pain to install.

Maybe tension straps would be a viable alternative...

I'm sure this has been done over and over in the seismic regions.  Is there an easier way?

Ed Fasula, EIT