Rebar Mechanical Splices

I have checked the archives with out success. I am looking for information on
mechanical splices for rebar in somewhat limited spaces. We are adding some new
concrete tanks to existing concrete tanks. The existing tanks have rebar
stubbed out 12" and covered with weak concrete. There is 6" to 8" clear around
the bars. I have found the Ancon website and there Bargrip connectors should
work. They also list a MBT coupler which looks simpler to use. I thought I
would see what experience others have using mechanical bebar splices. All help
will be appreciated.

Thanks

Acie Chance