Re: Shop drawing review stamp

Ken,

Some years back SEAOSC had a seminar here in Los Angeles titled " Shopdrawing
Review and Job Observation".  This seminar had one of the most comprehensive
notes on the very subject that you are looking for.  It had samples of all
sorts of stamps used by Engineers and Architects.  There was in depth
discussion on legal aspect and limiting liability.  You may want to contact
SEAOSC to get this seminar notes.  Also there was a nice article, Avoiding
Liability on Shop Drawings, in Structure Magazine, Summer 1994 issue. If you
like a copy I can Fax it to you.   Our office stamps were successfully made
using some of the information gathered from the seminar and notes.

Shashi Bhakta
SED - City of LA
sbhakta(--nospam--at)eng.ci.la.ca.us

>>> KSP <lvtakp(--nospam--at)yahoo.com> 03/13/00 05:39PM >>>
I recently switched jobs and am trying to bring the
new company up to speed in a number of areas -
including limiting liability exposure.  I am about to
order a shop drawing review stamp but would like to
know whether there is some "standard" wording out
there.  I thought our liability insurance company
would have some suggestions but they did not.  Anyone
willing to share their shop drawing stamp wording,
please e-mail me or fax to:
Ken Peoples
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates
lvta(--nospam--at)fast.net