From: Acie Chance [mailto:achance(--nospam--at)lacsd.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2000 10:01
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: Rebar Mechanical Splices

I have checked the archives with out success. I am looking for information
on
mechanical splices for rebar in somewhat limited spaces. We are adding some
new
concrete tanks to existing concrete tanks. The existing tanks have rebar
stubbed out 12" and covered with weak concrete. There is 6" to 8" clear
around
the bars. I have found the Ancon website and there Bargrip connectors should
work. They also list a MBT coupler which looks simpler to use. I thought I
would see what experience others have using mechanical bebar splices. All
help
will be appreciated.

Thanks

Acie Chance