From: JCohen [mailto:jccpc(--nospam--at)email.msn.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2000 9:25 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Double joist nailing pattern

Can anyone suggest how to effectively join two 2x12 timber beams using
common nails? This seems to be a common construction practice, but the
nailing I have observed seems less than adequate to effect a real
connection. It also appears to be a particularly ineffective approach when
adding a beam to share load as part of a repair.

James Cohen
jccpc(--nospam--at)msn.com