RE: Rebar Mechanical Splices

One cautionary note specifically for Dayton / Richmond DBR couplers:

You must upsize the bar to be spliced.  If you require a #5 rebar, you have
to splice in a #6. It is referred to as a #5 equivalent.  Reference DBR
Data.  The reason is that they reduce the cross sectional area in their
threading process.  The threads are constant diameter.

Dayton / Richmond has many other fine products, but I do not use their DBR
couplers.

Regards,
Harold Sprague