Re: composite and non-composite steel beams-curved in plan

To resist torsion, I would suggest connecting onto both the top and
bottom flange of the curved beam at regular intervals. I do not believe
that you can effectively resist torsion by  connecting only to the top
flange.

Another suggested approach is use straight members between columns and
then either cantilever the deck (or other steel members) out to the
curved perimeter. The only curved member would be a perimeter angle.

Jim Kestner, P.E.
Green Bay, Wi.