RE: Wood Shearwall

Jake,

This material was generally referred to as "nail base sheathing".  It could
hold screws and corrugated brick ties, but not much else.  As far as I know
there was never a published shear value.  Many light commercial applications
would use plywood corner shear walls and nail base sheathing in between.

Regards,
Harold Sprague