From: David Handy [mailto:dhandy(--nospam--at)trg.ca]
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2000 8:28 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: OHBDC-nail laminated wood deck

Does anyone know the width used for the design of nail laminated wood deck
when spreading out the load of a wheel. If not in OHBDC then what about
AASHTO? Clause 3-7.1.4.2 in OHBDC refers to stress-laminated wood decking.
However, I am dealing with nail laminated wood decking? I do not think this
is the same thing? Width noted there as Dt=0.3+0.4S (in metres) In the 1983
code width was shown as 0.4m (16"). Why the change in this value? and
should the 16" value be used?
David Handy, P.Eng
Ontario, Canada