Statute of Limitations

A. Roger Turk wrote:

<< Throwing them out would be like playing Russian Roulette with an automatic
 pistol!>>

I disagree.  Our company, and I believe all reasonably large companies, have
written record retention policies.  Our policy varies depending on the type
of records, but we start throwing some records out after 1 year, then more at
5 years.  The key is to have a written policy and to follow that policy.  If
you do, then when something has been thrown out, a lawyer can't argue that
you threw it out because you have something to hide.  From what I've seen,
most calculations, no matter how miticulous, are too vulnerable in a lawyer's
hands, and seldom provide added value several years after the fact.

Carl Sramek