RE: beam splice - full pen weld requirements

Ken

One thing to note about referencing AWS D1.1 is that it will give requirements
for welding and provide testing procedures but it DOES NOT
 say when or which tests are required.  If you want the welds tested, which I
highly recommend, then you need to specifically describe which
tests you want to have performed such as UT, mag particle, dye penetrant, etc.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Fluor Daniel