Re: beam splice - full pen weld requirements

>If I get the welds tested, is
>there
>anything else to worry about?  I know that it is
>better to have a certified welder, but if I plan on
>testing the welds, is this required or just a good
>idea to make up for any shortcomings in the testing?

Better to use a certified welder. You can't test quality into a weld.
Testing won't pick up non-ductile welds, either. Using a certified welder
and correct procedures will also lessen the chances that you have
procedure-related defects to fix, if your testing finds them.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw