Re: Blast Resistant Doors

Where is the door going to be located in reference to the blast?
Will the blast wave make any turns to reach the door?
What is the door protecting?

The last time I had to design a blast door it was for a bunker (six bunkers)
to protect employees.  The design pressure we used was 2 psi. and the bunkers
were 300 feet from a potential source of the blast source.  Here it was a
rapid burn 250 tons of solid rocket propellant.  The last incident removed
siding from steel building about 3/4 miles away.

Jay Crawford, PE